What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Category Archives: Soundtrack
Jack Wall has composed video game music for more than 20 years including for the Myst franchise, Splinter Cell, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Call of Duty, whose Black Ops III release is 2015’s biggest-grossing media entertainment release. Wall’s soundtrack … Continue reading
The Missing is a successful TV Miniseries that traces a father and detective’s search for a kidnapped boy. The thriller’s evocative soundtrack, by film composer Dominik Scherrer, has been nominated for an Emmy. Scherrer’s sonic backdrop shaped the mood of … Continue reading