What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Tag Archives: Warner Bros
Film-composer Alan Silvestri has worked with Director Robert Zemeckis for many years. His latest soundtrack is for "The Polar Express," a famous Christmas book that the film’s creators turned into a movie about a boy’s belief in himself. The soundtrack … Continue reading
The Ditty Bops are the Los Angeles-based duo of Amanda Barrett and Abby DeWald, whose debut recording "Here, There, Everywhere," was produced by Mitchell Froom. The pair, also multi-instrumentalists, sing upbeat, harmony-rich, quirky songs against a musical backdrop blending country … Continue reading
Guitarist Larry Carlton has been a top session player, a solo artist and producer in his 35-year career. His latest CD, "Deep Into It," is nominated for a Grammy award for best contemporary jazz album. Co-produced with Paul Brown, the … Continue reading
Hesher’s debut CD is an upbeat mix of songs by Chip Love and the Stimulated Dummies–producers Dante Ross and John Gamble. Love, a longtime roadie and spliff coordinator for the Bad Brains, brought in friends from the punk, hip hop … Continue reading