What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Tag Archives: Vanguard
The L.A. Times had it right when they described Julia Fordham’s voice as moving from "sultry depths to soaring heights." But that’s only half of it. On her eighth CD, "That’s Life," she sings about changes in her life with … Continue reading
Boston-based singer-songwriter Catie Curtis’ "Dreaming in Romance Languages" came at a turning point in her life: how to balance her art and have a family. The CD is filled with searching and reassuring songs that feature her warm honest voice … Continue reading
Julia Fordham is an exceptional vocalist whose artistry sits on the fine line between jazz singing and well-crafted pop. Her seventh recording, "Concrete Love," features notable co-writing, production and studio talent – Larry Klein, Gary Clark, Dean Park, Indie.Arie – … Continue reading
Peter Case is a veteran of the punk-power pop scene of the late 70’s and early 80’s. He played with The Nerves and had a hit with the Plimsouls. By 1986 Case embarked on a solo career that has produced … Continue reading
Rocker John Hiatt waited 26 years to go acoustic, and the results are a soulful blend of blues, folk, country and gospel. Hiatt took the acoustic leap after being dropped by his label. He recorded the album in just four … Continue reading