What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Tag Archives: Signature Sounds
Kris Delmhorst’s "Strange Conversations" isn’t strange at all. This New England singer-songwriter opened up some books of poems and re-imagined what she found as songs. The result is a CD that’s captivating, moody, uplifting – just like the many muses … Continue reading
Folk singer-songwriter Jeffrey Foucault says he’s always been drawn to dark moods and topics. His latest CD, "Stripping Cane," is a series of musical snapshots ranging from the existential to the inexplicable. Foucault doesn’t ponder the exact meaning of his … Continue reading
Singer/Songwriter Mark Erelli crafts songs with a confidence and maturity that belie his years. On "Compass & Companion", his second record, Erelli’s compelling voice and unfailing melodic sense range over the territory of life and love in styles from earnest … Continue reading