What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Tag Archives: Rykodisc
Chuck E. Weiss has spent a life in the musical shadows – in dim bars, clubs and studios – cultivating an unparalleled repertoire that’s been called "an anthology of hipster tastes." It’s true. "Old Souls and Wolf Tickets" is an … Continue reading
Singer/songwriter Jess Klein’s third album, "Draw Them Near," soulfully mixes heartache and hope, folk and rock, youth and wisdom. Released: 3/20/2001 Label: Rykodisc Visit Artist’s Website… Genre: Pop All Jess Klein profiles… Heartache and Healing From Klein’s first heartbreak came … Continue reading
The Supreme Beings of Liesure are proponents of "Retro-Futuristim." The multicultural foursome takes the components of Lounge, Techno, and Indian classical, and wraps it up in a delightful package of introspective soulful groove. Released: 4/27/2000 Label: Rykodisc Visit Artist’s Website… … Continue reading
"We were waiting for Grunge to die," says Chris Frantz, when asked why the Tom Tom Club took eight years to release a new album. On "The Good, The Bad and The Funky", the 80’s rhythm masters have teamed their … Continue reading