What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Tag Archives: Grateful Dead Records
Noone who saw the Jerry Garcia Band could miss the chemistry between the renowned guitarist and his keyboard player, Melvin Seals. In this audio profile Seals talks about his collaboration with Garcia, and selections from their CD "Shining Star." The … Continue reading
"Evening Moods" is the first solo recording in 17 years by former Grateful Dead guitarist and vocalist Bob Weir. The album features strong songwriting and lively improvisations in a band led by Weir and accomplished bassist Bob Wasserman. Weir spent … Continue reading
Guitarist Jorma Kaukonen was there at the start of the San Francisco sound in the 1960s, playing acoustic and electric with The Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna and others. In 1999, he joined former Grateful Dead bassist Phil Lesh for a … Continue reading