What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Tag Archives: Favored Nations
It must be those long Wisconsin winters. How else could anyone learn as many electric guitar riffs as Greg Koch? The electric guitar master describes his playing this way: "Imagine Chet Hendrix meeting the Kings (Albert, Freddie, BB) at the … Continue reading
Drummer-percussionist Robin DiMaggio grew up in France and then moved to the states where he became known as a player who could hit and hold musical feels. On "Blue Planet," he returns to his roots and has composed and produced … Continue reading
Automatic, Dweezil Zappa’s fourth solo album, finds the accomplished guitarist exploring new terrain via multi-tracked guitar textures and explosive improvisation. On this predominately instrumental album, Zappa demonstrates his virtuosity and the expressive qualities of his instrument with an eclectic mix … Continue reading