What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Tag Archives: Dreamworks
Nicky Love’s impressive debut on Dreamworks comes after years of trying to be more than just another attractive blonde on stage. Attractive and blonde she may be stuck with, but she also offers up an array of catchy modern rock … Continue reading
Buckcherry is a high-energy rock band whose second major-label release finds the group playing with undeniable passion and poise. Buckcherry has logged over 1000 gigs in recent years and took that energy into the studio to record "Time Bomb." Vocalist … Continue reading
Lifehouse is led by 20-year-old Jason Wade, a talented singer, songwriter and guitarist who combines reflective lyrics with a range of modern rock feels. Wade grew up overseas and met his bandmates after moving to California when he was 15. … Continue reading
Teddy Thompson’s debut CD is a mix of emotionally observant and occasionally subversive songs drawn from his life. Thompson looks beyond the world of appearances and is drawn to the deeper meaning and surprising nature of relationships and people’s lives. … Continue reading
Nelly Furtado is a talented young singer and writer whose major label debut fuses dance mixes, Brazilian percussion and sharp, knowing lyrics. Nelly says she wanted an upbeat CD she could perform live, but her CD also showcases a quieter, … Continue reading
Elliott Smith is a gifted songwriter and composer. His songs evoke Beatleseque melodies and psychedelic tapestries, while his lyrics portray people’s inner lives. Smith is a close observer of vanities and relationships, and like the title of his latest CD, … Continue reading
“The Night” is Morphine’s final album as a trio, finished just before the untimely death of frontman Mark Sandman in July 1999. The band has always had a cool, "noir" quality to their compositions. This final CD, two years in … Continue reading