What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Tag Archives: Cantaloupe
Acclaimed composer Martin Bresnick celebrated his 60th birthday with a series of concerts in late 2006 and the release on Cantaloupe Records of "The Essential Martin Bresnick." This CD-DVD set has new recordings of works from the past two decades … Continue reading
Composer David Lang’s new album is a most unusual concerto for bass clarinet, chorus and orchestra that explores mortality, time, and the function of music. As we visit segments of the unfolding performance, Lang explains the genesis and development of … Continue reading
Bang On A Can is a New York-based consortium of contemporary composers and musicians dedicated to making music "between the cracks." "Renegade Heaven" is an album of funky, in-your-face, contemporary classical music whose inspirations range from the Beatles to broken … Continue reading
When composer/reed virtuoso Evan Ziporyn graduated from college he started travelling with the goal of taking himself as far away as possible from the known—a literal and figurative search for new directions. Eventually he landed in Bali, where gamelan music … Continue reading
(None) Released: 2/15/2000 Label: Cantaloupe Visit Artist’s Website… Genre: Jazz All Anton Schwartz profiles… The CD Slowing down the pace doesn’t mean turning down the intensity; it means finding space for whole thoughts and feelings. Come Rain or Come Shine … Continue reading