What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Tag Archives: between the lines
Composer-guitarist James Emery’s "Transformations" contains his second major composition for orchestra and a handful of quartet pieces. The orchestra work, "Transformations," features Vienna’s notable Klangforum Wien playing highly detailed sections, with Emery and his band as soloists. The piece explores … Continue reading