What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Category Archives: No Genre
Louise Goffin’s parents are the renowned songwriting duo of Carole King and Gerry Goffin. After her father’s passing in 2014, Louise worked with his longtime collaborator, Barry Goldberg, to create a six-song tribute EP featuring alittle-heard songs by Goffin and … Continue reading
Eric Silver’s life has been an extraordinary musical odyssey. He came to Nashville as a Bluegrass guitar prodigy, became a multi-instrumentalist sideman, studio ace and producer, and now is emerging as a solo artist. His debut, "When You’re Here," draws … Continue reading
Sweet Talk Radio is Kathrin Shorr and Tim Burlingame, a husband-and-wife duo whose debut recording, "My Hallelujah," features finely-crafted folk-pop songs with poignant moods and memorable lyrics. The CD is a sonically rich recording of songs about love and loss, … Continue reading