What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Yearly Archives: 2016
Eight years after his last full-length album and a career that’s branched out into co-hosting TV’s America’s Morning Show with Blair Garner, Chuck Wicks returns with a stunning new record that showcases masterful writing and singing. Turning Point ranges from … Continue reading
Fifteen, the third studio album from Green River Ordinance, is named after the number of years this Texas-based, harmony-rich, alt-country band has been together, and is based on a simple message: hold fast to the things that are true. Fifteen, … Continue reading
Jack Wall has composed video game music for more than 20 years including for the Myst franchise, Splinter Cell, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Call of Duty, whose Black Ops III release is 2015’s biggest-grossing media entertainment release. Wall’s soundtrack … Continue reading
Black Violin is the head-turning duo of violist Wilner Baptiste and violinist Kevin Sylvester. Their second CD, Stereotypes, confronts the reality that many people don’t expect Black artists to be classically trained, let alone blending magnificent strings with hip hop … Continue reading
Glen Hansard’s second solo CD, Didn’t He Ramble, is an intimate album from the acclaimed Irish singer-songwriter, who sees life as a mysterious and spiritual journey. Produced by Thomas Bartlett (Sufjan Stevens) and Grammy winner and ex-Frames band-mate David Odlum, … Continue reading