What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: May 2013
LeAnn Rimes has made the most intimate album of her career. Spitfire is her brave response to the public critics of her unruly private life. Everyone knows she can sing. But can she ever write! These unapologetic, brutally honest and … Continue reading
Grace Kelly is a young and wonderfully talented saxophonist, singer, songwriter and bandleader whose first live recording, Live At Scullers, displays great range and adventurousness. Her eighth CD was recorded at the Boston club where she has been performing since … Continue reading
JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound’s third album, "Howl," is a leap for the Chicago-based band and its fantastic lead singer, Jason ‘JC’ Brooks. The CD features group compositions, more personal songwriting and a wider sonic palate than its earlier … Continue reading