What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Gordon Chambers career as a fantastic and celebrated singer-songwriter has taken off in recent years, showing that it is more than possible to transition from writing hits for other stars. On "Sincere," Chambers delves into the nuances of relationship struggles … Continue reading
Oscar Penas’ inspired musical journey shapes his latest CD, "From Now On." Penas studied classical guitar in his native Spain, studied jazz in Boston and New York, and fell in love with the rootsy jazzy music of Brazil and Argentina. … Continue reading
Born in London, raised in the U.K., and currently composer-in-residence at the Chicago Symphony, Anna Clyne is a wonderfully inventive and expressive artist who combines modern chamber pieces with electro-acoustic elements to create evocative soundscapes. "Blue Moth" follows her collaborations … Continue reading