What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: June 2011
Billy Rogan discovered acoustic guitar instrumentals in open tunings after playing electric guitar for many years. "A Loss For Words" is his demo EP, showcasing a half-dozen compositions where he combines the sweeping sounds of altered tunings with the drama … Continue reading
The Little Bear is a Nashville-based alt-indy-pop quartet featuring the songs and superb vocals of singer-songwriter Claire Guerreso. On "Bridges," their EP, Guerreso sings about the emotional dynamics in relationships: the ups, downs and hurdles in between. She has a … Continue reading
Jonathan Edwards is a beloved folk troubadour whose optimistic voice and vision have engaged fans for decades. In "My Love Will Keep," his first studio recording in 14 years, Edwards has crafted new and old favorites into expansive, expressive compositions … Continue reading