What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Jonathan Clark has toured with a who’s who of pop, rock and country artists. On "I’m Just Sayin’," he comes into his own as a singer-songwriter with a CD of personal, passionate, guitar-inflected songs that showcase his compelling voice and … Continue reading
Noted vocalist Julia Fordham met actor Paul Reiser in 1994, but it wasn’t until running into each other at a film debut that Reiser, a classically trained pianist and composer, suggested writing together. The result is their recording, "Unusual Suspects," … Continue reading
Mikky Ekko’s latest release, "Blues," is another EP (following "Reds") that explores the edge of human consciousness and emotion in a setting that is equal parts electronic music, performance art and psychological theatre. Mikky Ekko sees himself as a musical … Continue reading
Dylan LeBlanc is a most unusual and talented young songwriter. His debut recording, "Pauper’s Field," is filled with quiet and observant folk-rock songs populated by characters who rise above life’s turmoil or just commit themselves to a course. LeBlanc has … Continue reading