What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: July 2009
Assembly of Dust’s latest recording, "Some Assembly Required," combines the songwriting and arranging skills of band leader Reid Genauer with a striking list of guest artists. The group wanted to break new ground, and the result is a spirited and … Continue reading
The New Riders of the Purple Sage pioneered country rock in 1969. Today the band led by founding member Dave Nelson is experiencing a true renaissance. Its latest CD, USE "Where I Come From,USE " features new songs from all … Continue reading
Swinging melodies and rhythms, intriguing characters and scenarios, and striking soloists are the hallmarks of the latest recording by Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks. "Tangled Tales" features Hicks’s unique blend of entertaining, witty and jazzy songs accompanied by Northern … Continue reading