What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: June 2009
Sweet Talk Radio is Kathrin Shorr and Tim Burlingame, a husband-and-wife duo whose debut recording, "My Hallelujah," features finely-crafted folk-pop songs with poignant moods and memorable lyrics. The CD is a sonically rich recording of songs about love and loss, … Continue reading
Acclaimed Southern California singer-songwriter Jack Tempchin’s latest recording, "Songs," could have been called "Little Movies." Tempchin, who wrote many hits made famous by the Eagles, presents a collection of scenarios and situations where the characters often seem to be on … Continue reading
Tinted Windows is a most unusual and unusually good new pop-rock band. With founding members from famous bands — Hanson’s Taylor Hanson on lead vocals, Fountain of Wayne’s Adam Schlesinger on bass/vocals, The Smashing Pumpkin’s James Iha on guitar/vocals, and … Continue reading