What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: December 2008
New York soul singer-songwriter Maiysha received a Grammy nomination in the "Best Urban/Alternative Performance" category for "Wanna Be," one of the more personal songs from her debut CD, "This Much Is True." Maiysha is a trained jazz singer who is … Continue reading
Storm Lee has spent years writing songs and singing backup for many stars. But Lee wanted to step forward as a solo artist and singer. The result is "Soulfillapopkilla," co-produced with Marcus Brown, an eighties-influenced collection of synth pop and … Continue reading
Neil Michael Hagerty’s notion of songwriting is closer to penning existential non-fiction about faraway places and forlorn attitudes. His latest CD, "The Howling Hex: Earthjunk," is a stripped down mix of vocals, distorted guitars and layered keys that evoke mirages … Continue reading