What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: April 2008
Dave Barnes’ latest recording, "Me & You & The World," shows an exceptional singer and talented writer coming into his own. With vocal roots in R&B, blues and country, and musical roots that stretch from blues to pop rock to … Continue reading
Tigress, or Leslie Chain, is an Ohio-based multi-media writer and performer whose music is inspired by her family and animals. Her musical style draws on her background in the theater. Whether writing about pets lost after New Orleans was flooded … Continue reading
Southern California folk singer Joel Rafael’s "Thirteen Stories High" is his first recording of originals since 2000’s acclaimed "Hopper." After years of saluting Woody Guthrie, he mixes personal and political songs encouraging people to be more alert in life and … Continue reading