What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: February 2008
Martin Page has worked with many well-known rock artists. But "In The Temple of The Muse" is an entirely different project. After stepping away from the studio, the singer-songwriter-producer created a personal recording that is a midlife meditation on love, … Continue reading
"Comedians and Angels," the new recording by folk singer Tom Paxton, reflects and celebrates all kinds of love: from family to friends to country to flights of fancy. Now 70, Paxton says his conception of love songs has never been … Continue reading
Marc Mellits is a composer-performer who writes intricate, polyrhythmic music where nuanced individual elements create a surprising whole. "Paranoid Cheese," featuring his five-member Mellits Consort, combines elements of modern minimalist technique, classical training and a love of modern rock. The … Continue reading
Donna Jean and the Tricksters is a musical match made in heaven. The former Muscle Shoals session singer and Grateful Dead vocalist has teamed up with the heavyweight jam-band to create a heartfelt, southern R&B influenced recording. The CD blends … Continue reading