What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: April 2005
The NYC-based duo of organist Marco Benevento and drummer Joe Russo have made waves in the jamband world. Their "Best Reasons To Buy The Sun" CD offers compelling song-size versions that convey their sense of adventure, and their free-jazz meets … Continue reading
Writer-composer-performer Jared Gutstadt’s latest pop-rock project is "Group Sounds," a fun, energetic, irreverant NYC-based band that’s been making waves in the downtown club scene. With two ex-members of "The Izzys," their self-produced EP and exciting shows have lead to some … Continue reading
Anna Nalick calls herself a songwriter-singer. Her debut CD on Columbia is filled with strong, heartfelt, pop-rock songs. She has a great voice and equally sharp songwriting style that she says is inspired by struggles and thoughts from her and … Continue reading
Noam Weinstein is a talented New York City-based singer-songwriter who specializes in eyebrow-raising moments in relationships. His first full-length CD, "Probably Human," is filled with artfully composed, well-performed pop-rock songs that range from the poignant to the whimsical. He has … Continue reading