What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: June 2004
"Fourth Person" is the debut CD by Sarah Sharp of Austin, Texas. It’s an artsy, emotional CD filled with songs about people who find life isn’t what it first seemed – but adjust and move on. Her voice hovers between … Continue reading
Heston Francis is a modern soul singer with heartfelt messages and laid-back grooves. Heston’s love songs have a twist; they can be self-critical and have positive messages. This self-released EP, shows an artist who has stayed true to his musical … Continue reading
Lori McKenna’s songs are strong snapshots of personal struggles in working-class America. She began her music career after marrying young and starting a family. McKenna draws on her experiences to sing about people who are restless and hoping for more. … Continue reading
After more than three decades, American folk singer-songwriter James Talley has released a career retrospective, a live CD taken from a recent European tour. Talley grew up in Oklahoma and knows the people, places and lives that inspired working-class artists … Continue reading