What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: March 2004
Alabama native Will Owsley got off to fast start in the music business. After working with Amy Grant, Shania Twain and others, he launched his solo career as a singer-songwriter-guitarist and self-produced studio ace. His second solo recording, "The Hard … Continue reading
Composer Jennifer Higdon is known for her bold, musically adventurous work. In this CD, Robert Spano conducts the Altanta Symphony Orchestra performing her "Concerto for Orchestra" and "City Scape," which she wrote for Atlanta – her old home town. Spano … Continue reading
"The Passion of the Christ" will be one of the most-seen movies of 2004. Composer-conductor John Debney wrote the soundtrack score, carefully working to create an inspiring and transcendent counterpoint to the drama depicted in the film of Jesus’ final … Continue reading