What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: October 2003
John Gorka is a most unusual and talented singer-songwriter. His lyrics and music tug at emotions and feelings that linger beneath the surface of everyday conversations. His latest recording, "Old Futures Gone," is an uneasy meditation on the emotional life … Continue reading
Joe Henry’s is not a typical songwriter or bandleader. He works like a filmmaker who brings different elements together and watches how it all unfolds. "Tiny Voices" is his ninth recording. In his latest musical world, one finds threads of … Continue reading
Buck Howdy’s "Skidaddle!" is the farmer-cowboy-singer-songwriter’s major label debut of western swing-inspired songs for families with young children. Buck sings about cowboys, cowgirls and life on the range. His songs have plenty of silly lines for kids – and just … Continue reading
Montell Jordan’s latest recording, "Life After Def," finds the modern R&B singer-songwriter-producer creating a deeply personal album that shares his life and lessons learned in recent years. The recording is a rare combination of great writing, fabulous singing and equally … Continue reading
Darrell Scott is one of Nashville’s best singer-songwriters. But before he wrote his well-known work, he recorded a major label debut that wasn’t released. That story now ends with "Theatre of the Unheard," where Scott re-recorded the early songs where … Continue reading