What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: May 2003
"Tomorrow the World" is The Shazam’s fourth CD and finds the Nashville band playing some great rock-n-roll. Singer-writer-guitarist Hans Rotenberry puts just enough disheveled characters and whimsy into his songs to capture the attitude and energy of timeless rock. Add … Continue reading
Kelly Price’s latest CD, "Priceless," sounds great, but that’s not half of it. It’s not every day an artist as successful as Price records a CD revealing their deepest struggles and how she faced these difficulties and found healthy self-esteem. … Continue reading
Warren Zanes’ "Memory Girls" is an enticing collection of indie-pop songs about lessons in love and life, including his recent marriage to a high school sweetheart, singer April March. Zanes began his musical career as a teenage guitarist in The … Continue reading