What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: March 2003
Eric Chasalow is a composer and audio achivist. In addition to works for traditional instruments, Chasalow uses synthesizers and recordings from everyday life and academia to create pieces ranging from modern classical to post-bop jazz to avant-garde soundscapes. This CD … Continue reading
Carl Sigman was one of the great American songwriters of the 20th century. With a career spanning six decades, he created the music – but more often the lyrics – to songs popularized by Frank Sinatra, Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holliday, … Continue reading
Electronic composer Barry Schrader was drawn to music many years ago by the possibility of creating "something imagined, not recalled." Schrader found his voice in electronic music, where he’s created musical worlds by manipulating the timbre or qualities that color … Continue reading
Jazz guitarist Dom Minasi is the exception in jazz today. He is a fearless innovator, who relishes deconstructing and reconstructing melodies, chord harmonies and improvising in a manner with few peers. His music and performances are as striking and disconcerting … Continue reading
Multi-instrumentalist David Lindley has been a musical pioneer for a long time. But his latest recording with percussionist Wally Ingram, "Twango Bango III," shows this exceptional player and performer at his best. Whether backing subversive lyrics with amazing lap steel, … Continue reading