What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: January 2003
Third Day is one of the best-known Christian rock bands. Nominated for their fourth Grammy in the ‘best Gospel rock album’ category, the band’s "Come Together" combines great southern guitar rock with lyrics to lift spirits and sooth souls. Guitarist … Continue reading
Thirty-six years after recording "Will The Circle Be Unbroken," the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band’s third release in this series of traditional country and roots music has been nominated for two Grammy awards. As vocalist and multi-instrumentalist Jimmy Ibbotson explains, the … Continue reading
Though only 23, Vivian Green has been writing songs and working for years to launch her solo career. With "A Love Story," Green’s debut on Columbia, she has turned that page with a CD that showcases personal lyrics and her … Continue reading
Wladyslaw Szpilman is the Polish composer profiled in the new and notable Roman Polanski film, "The Pianist." Equally remarkable is a companion CD, featuring vocalist Wendy Lands singing songs with new lyrics and modern arrangements based on Szpilman’s timeless and … Continue reading