What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: October 2002
Chris Whitley doesn’t consider himself a singer, or a songwriter, or a guitar player – even though that’s what he does. He’d call himself an ‘expressionist,’ akin to those early 20th century painters who wanted to evoke deeper feelings than … Continue reading
Eleanor McEvoy is one of Ireland’s best-known contemporary singer-songwriters. Not only does she have a fabulous voice, but her writing is unusually vivid – describing scenes and emotional exchanges from real life. "Yola" was produced by McEvoy and Brian Connor, … Continue reading
Maysa Leak is a notable jazz-and-soul singer who says she simply decided to record songs that moved her on her latest CD, "Out of the Blue." She first became known for her singing with "Incognito," but has branched out to … Continue reading
Singer-guitarist Buddy Miller’s career has been a steady march to the top of the ‘Americana’ world. His latest CD, "Midnight and Lonesome" has all the trademarks of his finely crafted but soulful sound – delicate ballads, big-sounding rockers and a … Continue reading