What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: August 2002
Tony Furtado is an accomplished instrumentalist who plays with unusual poise and flair. His latest CD, "American Gypsy," features his ever-evolving banjo and guitar – including slide guitar – in a groove-oriented ensemble, as well as more delicate compositions inspired … Continue reading
After decades of lending his multi-instrumentalist and composing talents to notables in the folk and rock world, Garth Hudson has released his first solo recording. "The Sea To The North" features six compositions showing why Hudson is not just a … Continue reading
Jill Olson has played in San Francisco honky-tonk and alt-country bands since the late ’80s. "My Best Yesterday" is her second solo CD and finds Olson singing well-crafted songs inspired by1960s-era pop-rock and twangy country. Olson is a talented singer, … Continue reading
Martha Redbone’s "Home Of The Brave" mixes an upbeat soul sound with a singer-songwriter’s sensibility. Redbone says her mixed-race roots and upbringing in Kentucky and New York City have shaped her writing and music, making her attuned to life stuggles … Continue reading