What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: November 2001
Mighty Sam McClain is a singer-songwriter-bandleader who draws on blues, gospel, jazz and country to present music that’s full of heart and honesty. Sam’s songs might appear to be about his struggles, women, love and rekindling relationships; but below the … Continue reading
Wayne Horvitz is a composer and pianist who writes elegant pieces that are closer to songs in shape and sentiment than jazz standards. In "Forever," his first CD featuring piano in years, he presents a dozen sparse lush pieces, including … Continue reading
"Chocolate Genius" is the name of the eclectic, if not theatrical musings of Marc Anthony Thompson and his circle of collaborators. In "godmusic," Thompson surrounds his quiet and soulful voice with a striking sonic tapestry that mixes subtle grooves, artful … Continue reading