What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: October 2001
Joni Harm’s eighth CD – her first on an independent label – finds the country-and-western singer writing songs and singing in styles that are close to her heart. A genuine cowgirl – she lives on her grandfather’s ranch – Harms … Continue reading
Orixa is an energetic, modern Latin rock band whose home is the San Francisco Bay Area but whose musical influences and styles are wide-ranging. A successful independent rock band, Orixa plays upbeat, at times theatrical songs with positive messages – … Continue reading
Loudon Wainwright III’s "Last Man on Earth" is a poignant, generous and at times lighthearted look at some of the hardest challenges a person can face at once: the passing of a parent; realizations of one’s own mortality and the … Continue reading
Toya’s debut on Arista Records is an impressive collection of energetic, personal songs about going out, meeting guys, having good relationships and taking care after disappointments. It’s a stylish, alert and confident mix of having fun and being wise that’s … Continue reading
Marc Ribot is a guitarist-bandleader known for distinctive arrangements and striking improvisations. In "Saints," he interprets works from experimental composers, soloists, and his own songbook to create a solo guitar CD that has a sparse and alluring appeal. Ribot says … Continue reading