What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: June 2001
East Nashville’s Duane Jarvis has worked with some of the best singer-songwriters for years – Lucinda Willaims, John Prine, Dwight Yoakam. On his fourth solo CD, "Certified Miracle," Jarvis mixes a sparse songwriting style with a variety of soulful textures … Continue reading
Richard Lloyd began his career as a guitarist in the seminal 1970s New York rock band Television. His fourth solo release, "The Cover Doesn’t Matter," finds Lloyd in top form as a writer, arranger and rock instrumentalist. The CD is … Continue reading
Claire Holley is a Mississippi-based singer-songwriter whose songs are character sketches of people and places she’s seen or imagined. Holley comes from a family of painters and is married to a writer, and her songs are inspired by both of … Continue reading
Todd Thibaud’s latest CD, "Squash," inhabits the world of heightened emotions and personal turning points, where people face the perils of following their hearts and obsessions. A talented singer/songwriter, Thibaud wraps his passionate and probing lyrics in catchy pop melodies … Continue reading