What is BehindTheBeat?
Listen and enjoy our library of over 600 audio portraits of artists and their albums for free.
These finely edited features present the music and voices of artists discussing their songs, their sounds, their bands, their lives and their creative influences.
Search below by artist name or by genre to hear your favorite musicians, and to discover new ones!
Now with over 2,500 audio segments bringing music fans, musicians and music closer together.
- Chuck Wicks: Turning Point
- Green River Ordinance: Fifteen
- Jack Wall: Call of Duty, Black Ops III
- Black Violin: Stereotypes
- Glen Hansard: Didn’t He Ramble
- Dominik Scherrer: The Missing
- Jonathan McReynolds: Life Music, Stage Two
- Bobby Long: Ode To Thinking
- Alicia Witt: Revisionary History
- Angaleena Presley: American Middle Class
- Pat McGee: Pat McGee
- John Anderson: Goldmine
- Whitey Morgan: Sonic Ranch
- Anat Cohen: Luminosa
- Meredith Monk: Piano Songs
- Gretchen Peters: Blackbirds
- Louise Goffin: Appleonfire
- Mohammed Fairouz: Follow, Poet
- Michael J. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas
- Patty Larkin: Still Green
- Somi: The Lagos Music Salon
- The Barr Brothers: Sleeping Operator
- Lee Ann Womack: The Way I’m Livin’
- Montell Jordan: Captured
- Marco Benevento: Swift
Monthly Archives: April 2001
Alan Silvestri is an accomplished film composer who’s credits include some of the best-known movies in recent years. Many of those films – Cast Away, What Lies Beneath, Contact, Forrest Gump, Back to the Future – were directed by Robert … Continue reading
Singer/songwriter Jess Klein’s third album, "Draw Them Near," soulfully mixes heartache and hope, folk and rock, youth and wisdom. Released: 3/20/2001 Label: Rykodisc Visit Artist’s Website… Genre: Pop All Jess Klein profiles… Heartache and Healing From Klein’s first heartbreak came … Continue reading
Olu Dara grew up in rural Mississippi, and moved to New York City, where he’s been a jazz musician and songwriter for the African-American theater. In "Neighborhoods," he transforms numerous theater pieces into songs about his early years. The result … Continue reading
Nicky Love’s impressive debut on Dreamworks comes after years of trying to be more than just another attractive blonde on stage. Attractive and blonde she may be stuck with, but she also offers up an array of catchy modern rock … Continue reading
Celebrated saxophonist Branford Marsalis joins forces with one of his all-time favorite groups, the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra, for a tour-de-force of early 20th-century French music. Released: 3/7/2001 Label: Sony Classical Visit Artist’s Website… Genre: Concert/Modern All Branford Marsalis with the … Continue reading